Tidying up our Park
From 2018 we increased our litter picks and park tidy up events to once a month. We publicise the dates on our Facebook page and on posters in and around the park. Please let us know if you can help.
Annual General Meetings
At our last AGM on 21st March 2019, we increased our committee to 15 to share the many tasks of applying for grants, organising events and working with South Glos council and other local organisations.
What did we do in our first year? (2016/17)
Applied for Funding to improve Facilities
Through our work in making applications for grants, we have achieved results
Tesco grant for paths in Southey Park – Success!
What did we do in our second year? (2017/18)
- We installed two paths
- We applied for a local councillors’ grant and used it to install two benches
- We held more fun events in the park, including an Easter Hunt and Summer Family Fun event for the official opening of our paths
What did we do in our third year? (2018/19)
- We applied for more grants: this time to improve the hard standing area at the Church Road end of the park. To bring it up to the standard for a proper play area so that South Gloucestershire Council will carry out routine safety checks and daily litter clearing. (this big task is ongoing)
- We increased our litter picks to once per month and we started to clear the brambles and weeds with a grant to hire the robocut from the council
- We held a Summer Family Fun Day and an amazing Christmas craft event on Saturday 15 December 2018
We are building on our increasing success.
With another fun Easter Egg Hunt and even had a visit from BBC Radio Bristol.
We have funding to install 2 new notice boards – coming soon so keep a look out in the park.
We continue to apply for grants including Aviva.
Aviva Community Grant applications in 2016 and 2018
In 2016, we applied for £25,000 for more paths and 3 new benches. We got 889 votes
In 2018, we applied for £25,000 to improve our hard standing area. We nearly doubled our previous votes but were still not successful.
There were many other worthy causes in competition for these grant, so we will keep on trying.
We would love to hear from you whether you want to:
- Offer help with park maintenance, litter picking or with our community events in the park
- Join us as a member on our mailing list to be kept up to date, give you views on park improvements and be invited to our AGM
- Make a donation to our funds generally or a specific item to improve the park
- Ask a question or make a suggestion